In this video, Fr. James Martin gives some insights for LGBT Catholics who are struggling with their Catholic faith. Keep these basic facts in mind:
- God loves you. Both the Old and New Testaments confirm that God loves us no matter what. The whole life of Jesus was about loving people and helping people understand how much God loves them. Don’t listen to people who say that God rejects you for being LGBT.
- God created you. You don’t choose to be born male, female, heterosexual, or homosexual. “You are wonderfully made.”
- God is on your side. God has wonderful plans for you. God only wants the best for you. You are not alone.
- Jesus cares about you. Jesus always reached out to the marginalized. He has a special affinity for people who feel left out. Jesus is with you. Things can get better. The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ teach us to have hope. Love is stronger than hate.
- The church is your home. As a baptized Catholic, you are just as much a part of the church as anyone else. Find a parish that welcomes you. If you feel rejected, this is because of the flaws of the humans who make up the church. You are important to the church.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?