Paper airplane prayers are a way to offer prayers in a group setting. It works well for Vacation Bible School or youth group. It would also be appropriate for Children’s Liturgy of the Word. It can be done indoors or outdoors.
Paper Airplane Prayer
- sheets of paper
- pens, pencils, markers, crayons, etc.
- First, it is important to explain to the youth that this is a prayer activity. So remind them to keep a prayerful attitude.
- Give each youth a sheet of paper and have them write a prayer on it. Allow them to spread out and do this quietly.
- Have each of them fold it into a basic paper airplane shape. You might have to demonstrate it. Believe it or not, some students never make paper airplanes!
- Next, remind them again that this is a prayer activity and that they should be respectful and listen to each other.
- Now have each student read their prayer. (He or she might have to unfold the airplane a little to do this.)
- Have them refold the airplane (if necessary) and send it on a flight.
- After everyone has read and flown their prayer, reflect on how our prayers help us send our thoughts and needs and deepest desires to God.
Leave a Reply