This is an easy game for your youth group or Vacation Bible School. It is fun but also provides a lesson about the Holy Spirit.
See the reflection questions and scripture passage at the end of the game for how to turn this game into a teaching experience or a short lesson plan.
Paper Toss Game (Holy Spirit Game)
- Waste basket
- Give each person three pieces of paper.
- Direct the fan so it is blowing between the participants and the wastebasket. You will want it turned to high so it is blowing pretty hard.
- Let each participant crumple their paper and throw it into the basket.
- The ones who get the most in should have a shoot off until there is a winner.
- Move the players farther away from the basket if it is too easy.
- If it is too hard, then turn the fan down
- Could you see the wind from the fan?
- How did you know the fan was making wind?
- What were some of the effects of the wind?
- On a windy day, do you see the wind or do you just see what the force of the wind is doing?
Read John 3:8
“The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
- What are some ways you see the effects of the Holy Spirit?