This is an active game for youth which can be played in a relativity small indoor area. One youth guards the “treasure” while the thieves try to steal it.
This game works best for a small group of 6 to 8 players. If you have more then that, play with multiple groups.
- a “treasure” – can be anything, something about the size of a shoe works well
- Pick somebody to be “It”. This person stands in the middle with his or her back to the wall and the treasure at his or her feet.
- The other players stand in a semi-circle around It and try to grab the treasure while It tries to touch their hands.
- If It succeeds in touching a thief’s first hand, then the thief has to hold that hand frozen where it was touched, but may still try to reach the treasure with the second hand.
- If It touches the thief’s second hand, then the thief becomes a guard and helps It guard the treasure by trying to touch the other thieves hands.
- If a thief manages to steal the treasure, then he or she is It for the next round.