Our Lady of Guadalupe is the patroness of the Americas and the pro-life movement. Her feast day is December 12. The video below tells the history of Our Lady of Guadalupe, including how Juan Diego came to meet her and his difficulties in getting the local bishop to believe his story.
It also tells of many of the miraculous aspects of the image. Here are just a few mentioned in this video.
- There is no under-sketch
- The tilma is made of cactus fibers but has endured
- The colors remain fresh and bright
- A bomb hidden in some flowers went off but the image was not damaged
- The stars show the constellations in the position they were when she appeared
- The flowers on her tunic are positioned like the volcanoes in Mexico
- The image of a bearded man appears in her eyes and there are many other miraculous aspects to her eyes
- She appears Native American skin tone at one distance and European at another
- The image always remains at 98.6 degrees F no matter what the surrounding temperature
- The image shows symbols that the Native Americans of the area would have easily understood
There are many more amazing things about this image. Read Guadalupe Mysteries: Deciphering the Code to learn more.