Do you have some volunteers for your youth ministry, youth group, or Vacation Bible School (VBS) who you’d like to recognize? The people who give their time generously, either by working directly with youth or behind the scenes, are a valuable resource.
It doesn’t always mean you have to get them an expensive gift. Most people just appreciate being recognized. And it is nice to model gratitude for the youth to see also.
Creative Ways to Recognize Your Youth Ministry Leaders
So here are some funny ways to recognize those people you can’t do without:
- Gem Award – For the volunteer who is a real gem. Find a fake gem (the bigger the better).
- Lollipop Award – For the team member who can’t be licked. Give them a lollipop.
- Eggs-cellent Volunteer – For the person who always does it well. Give them a dozen eggs.
- Skeleton Award – For the person who worked themselves to the bone. Give them a small skeleton.
- Pear Award – For the husband and wife team who are a great ‘pair’. Give them a plastic or real pear.
- Fresh Air Award – For the team member who always says it like it is. Give them a box of breath mints.
- Life Saver Award – For the volunteer who saved you. Give them a roll of lifesavers.
- Raise in Pay – For the leader who deserves a ‘raisin’ pay. Give them a small box of raisins.
- Sparkplug Award – For the person who gets everyone else moving. Give them a sparkplug.
- Well Done Award – For the core team member who does a great job. Give them a burnt piece of toast.
- Whisk Award – For the person who is un‘beat’able. Give them a kitchen whisk.
- On the Ball Award – For the person who always gets it done. Give them a ball.
- Shining Example Award – For that person who always shows your youth their best side. Give them a mirror.
- Cheer Award – For the volunteer who always helps out with joy. Give them a box of Cheer laundry detergent.
- A Million Thanks Award – For the person you can’t thank enough. Give them $1,000,000 in play money.
- Needle and Thread Award – For the volunteer who keeps you in stitches. Give them a travel sewing kit.
- Nuts About You Award – For the person you are nuts about. Give them a container of nuts.
- Hat’s Off Award – For the core team member who goes above and beyond. Give them a hat.
- Rock Award – For that really dependable volunteer. Give them a rock.
- T-Riffic Award – For the person who is terrific. Give them a bag of tea.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?