This is a really simple icebreaker for youth group, youth ministry, or middle school VBS. It would also work well for your Vacation Bible School teen leaders. It is super easy to play and requires no materials, making it a good filler activity.
The Boat is Sinking Icebreaker Game
- Designate one person to be the captain. Everyone else is crew.
- The captain says “The boat is sinking. Each lifeboat can hold (number) people. Group yourselves!”
- The crew must group themselves into whatever number the captain says.
- Anyone not in a group of that number must answer a question about themselves.
- The captain just repeats this process over and over.
You can also play so that the odd group is “out” after they answer the question. This will cause a definite end to the game.