Treasure Islands is a game very like Musical Chairs. Use it for your treasure, pirate, or nautical themed Vacation Bible School , church camp, or youth group party. For younger VBS groups you can put the “islands” closer together. For older students, place them farther apart so they have to do a little running.
Treasure Islands Game
This can be played indoors or outside.
- Hot glue gun
- Music player
- Large sized poster board
- set of markers or paints for decorating
- Non-slip rug backing
- Decorate the posters to make them look like islands. Cut the edges to make them round instead of rectangular.
- Cut a piece of the non-slip rug backing to be slightly smaller than the poster board.
- Use the hot glue gun to glue a piece of the non-slip rug backing to the back (undecorated) side of each poster board.
- Spread the “islands” out in the play area. You can do this in a classroom for a small group. Use a gym, cafeteria, or outdoors for a large group. You will need one less island than the number of players.
- Play the music. When the music stops each pirate must get on an island. Only one pirate per island. Whoever does not have an island is out.
- Take away one island and continue until only one pirate is left.