Treasure Islands is a game very like Musical Chairs. Use it for your treasure, pirate, or nautical themed Vacation Bible School , church camp, or youth group party. For younger VBS groups you can put the “islands” closer together. For older students, place them farther apart so they have to do a little running.
Treasure Islands Game
This can be played indoors or outside.
- Hot glue gun
- Music player
- Large sized poster board
- set of markers or paints for decorating
- Non-slip rug backing
- Decorate the posters to make them look like islands. Cut the edges to make them round instead of rectangular.
- Cut a piece of the non-slip rug backing to be slightly smaller than the poster board.
- Use the hot glue gun to glue a piece of the non-slip rug backing to the back (undecorated) side of each poster board.
- Spread the “islands” out in the play area. You can do this in a classroom for a small group. Use a gym, cafeteria, or outdoors for a large group. You will need one less island than the number of players.
- Play the music. When the music stops each pirate must get on an island. Only one pirate per island. Whoever does not have an island is out.
- Take away one island and continue until only one pirate is left.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?