Looking for pirate games? The Pirate Peg Legged Race is basically a three legged relay race with a few other things thrown in for some pirate fun!
This race works well for all ages, so it is suitable for a VBS program, youth group, or youth ministry camp. Our Vacation Bible School often comes up with “extra” games in case something doesn’t work out. This would be a perfect game for that situation.
Pirate Peg Legged Race
Wet variation: Instead of using the treasure as listed below, use water. Let them carry it in their hats. In this pirate game variation, the treasure chest is a bucket they need to fill.
Materials and Equipment
- Something to tie the adjoining legs of each pair
- Two sets of pirate accessories for each team – hat vest, eye patch, sword, etc.
- Treasure candy, small trinkets, silly items, tennis balls, pingpong balls, whatever you want
- Treasure chest for each team – can be a shoebox
- Something to mark the start line and the end line such as a rope or cones
- Mark the start and end lines on a field.
- Spread the treasure out along the end line.
- Have everyone pair up and tie their legs together, three legged race style.
- Divide the group into two (or more) teams.
- Give each team their pirate accessories.
- Give each team a treasure chest which they will leave at the start line.
- On the start, the first pair from each team each put on their pirate accessories and race to the end line.
- They pick up as much treasure as they can carry in their hands and race back to their treasure boxes.
- They put their treasure in the treasure chests and hand off their pirate accessories to the next pair in their team.
- That pair puts on their accessories and runs down to get more treasure.
- This continues until one of the teams fills their treasure chest and wins. (You be the judge of when it is full.)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?