About this serving game
Silly Server is a serving game where participants pretend they are waiters. They must balance some ping pong balls on a plate while running back and forth.
This game works well with a service theme. Service isn’t always as easy as it looks!
How to play Silly Server – A Serving Game
- Divide the group into two or more teams. Have the teams line up for a relay race.
- Define a turn around point for the relay. Players will race to the turn around and then return to their team.
- Give the first person in line for each team a paper plate and a ping pong ball.
- The first players must balance the plate on their hand, waiter style. Their entire hand must be under the plate.
- They must place a ping pong ball on the plate.
- When you say go, they go to the turnaround point and back. If the ping pong ball falls, they must go back to the beginning and start over.
- When they return to their team, the next person in line takes the plate and ball and races.
- The first team to have all of its members complete the race wins.
- Instead of having them line up and race to a turnaround point, have the team members spaced out about three feet apart. The runner must weave in and out of their teammates. When they complete the line, they hand it off to the next person and go to the end of the line.
- For more difficulty, each person must add an additional ping pong ball!