About Extreme War Card Game
This is a twist on the classic war card game. Since the number of battles are limited it can be played in a large group.
How to Play Extreme War Card Game
- One or more decks of playing cards
- Randomly deal out 3 cards to each player. They should not show these to the other players.
- Divide the players into groups of four or five.
- On a count of three, each player shows one card from their hand. They can choose any card they think will beat the other players in the group.
- The player from the group who displays the highest card is the winner of the round. In case of a tie, they can coin flip or rock-paper-scissors.
- Group the winners into groups of four or five and play another round. They will still have two cards from the previous round. Give them another card at random to replace the card they already played.
- Continue having the winners move on to the next round until only a few remain.
- If time permits, play the game again. Playing several times will allow more youth to experience moving further in the game.
Game of Cards Icebreaker
In this game, youth get to know each other by grouping with others to make a poker hand. Then they share a fact about themselves with the other members of their group.
Flip Out Card Relay
This is a relay style game which also uses playing cards. It has an element similar to the game of concentration in it but it is played as a group.
Leave a Reply