What Is a Popcorn Prayer Circle?
A popcorn prayer circle gives everyone an opportunity to offer a prayer, either silently or vocally. This is a nice way to pray if you are doing an activity where you are practicing silence. But it is also just another way to pray together, or if you want to make sure everyone has a chance to offer their whole prayer without interruption.
Popcorn Prayer Circle
Give the complete instructions before you start. Fill in with the appropriate names.
- Everyone is going to stand in a circle and hold hands.
- We will start with Jane. Jane will offer her prayer, either silently or out loud.
- When Jane is finished, she will squeeze the hand of the person to the right, Joe. That will be Joe’s signal that it is his turn.
- Then Joe will offer a prayer, either silently or out loud.
- When Joe is finished, he will squeeze the hand of Janet.
- We will continue around the circle until we get back to Jane. When Jane’s hand is squeezed, she will say “Amen.” so that we know we have gone all the way around the circle.
In this group prayer, each person takes turns praying for an intention related to a letter of the alphabet.
This prayer circle idea is good if you have a restless group. They gently toss a ball to invite the next person to offer a prayer.
A hat prayer circle may help if your group is especially shy or not comfortable with each other yet.
Do you have a group which is not wordy? Or maybe one which is too verbose? Try this suggestion.
This article gives some practical advice for leading a group in prayer. Remembering the steps You, Who, Do, Through will help.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?