Ball Toss prayer circle is an activity to help give everyone a chance to offer a prayer. It also encourages the more quiet ones in your group to participate.
If you need a less solemn prayer activity, if the members of your group need a lift, try this with a water balloon. You should explain beforehand that this is still a prayer and people should still be reverent and respectful. But God, our loving Father, enjoys seeing us laugh also, just as a parent delights in seeing a young child having fun.
Ball Toss Prayer Circle
This is a simple group prayer activity to get everyone involved. You will need a ball or soft object. If it warm outside, try this with water balloons.
- tennis ball
- nerf ball
- bean bag
- Have everyone stand in a large circle.
Give instructions to the group before starting the activity
- Everyone should think of a few things to pray for or about before starting.
- Toss the ball or bean bag to one person in the circle.
- The person who receives the ball offers a prayer and then tosses it to somebody else.
- Then that person offers a prayer and tosses it to somebody else.
- This continues until everyone has had an opportunity to offer at least a couple of prayers.
Have a couple of people in the circle who will watch for who has not had a chance and will pass the ball to them.