About Glow in the Dark Ring Toss
Glow in the Dark Ring Toss is a fun easy game for any “light” themed youth ministry meeting or Vacation Bible School. For example
- Let your light shine
- GLOW (God Lights Our Way)
- Light from darkness (creation)
- Jesus Christ Light of the World (salvation)
There are lots of other possibilities also. This is an easy game to assemble and play. It makes a great filler to have on hand in case one of your other activities run short.
Play it in a darkened room of course, or outside at night.
How to Play Glow in the Dark Ring Toss
- Glow sticks which can be made into bracelets
- Empty plastic water bottles – one for each different color of glowstick – at least 3
- Crack one color of each glowstick and put each in a water bottle.
- Give each player a glowstick bracelet of each color. Bracelets should be cracked so they are glowing also.
- Have the teens stand about five feet away from the water bottles and attempt to throw each bracelet on the water bottle which matches the bracelet color.
- If they miss, or get it on the wrong color bottle, they should retrieve the bracelet and try again.
- First teen to successfully get all of the bracelets on the correct water bottle wins.
- For a small group, teens can stand in a circle around the water bottles instead of in a line.
- If the group is large or “energetic” then have them take turns rather than everyone throwing at once.
- You can continue play until everyone completes the task. Encourage them to cheer the last players on. (Hmm…. there might be a lesson here somewhere.)
- To keep the water bottles from falling over, add some water to each.
Leave a Reply