Sometimes we don’t see “the big picture”. We get so focused on our own ideas and thoughts and experiences that we can’t see a larger point of view. That makes it difficult for us to understand why the Holy Spirit is leading us somewhere unfamiliar or why the Church has a teaching.
This seeing the big picture game is designed to help youth understand that it can be disorienting or difficult to understand something if we only see it from a small perspective. Use it for a youth ministry program focusing on magisterium or discernment. It would also fit in well with a message of seeing how God sees.
Seeing the Big Picture Game
- Two noisemakers such as buzzers or ring bells
- You will also need to be able to show the video at the bottom of this post. It is on YouTube, so you can show it full screen.
- Divide the group into two teams and line up.
- The first person in line stands with the noisemaker.
- Show the video below.
- When one of them can identify the picture, they ring the bell or push the buzzer.
- Stop the video at this point.
- If they get it right, they get a point.
- If they don’t get it right, continue the video and let the other player try to identify it.
- When you get to the countdown for the next picture, switch players.
- The team with the most points at the end wins.
- 4th Sunday of Lent – Year A
- 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time – Year A
- Look Into My Heart
- Who Are You? Discussion and Reflection Questions