Sometimes we don’t see “the big picture”. We get so focused on our own ideas and thoughts and experiences that we can’t see a larger point of view. That makes it difficult for us to understand why the Holy Spirit is leading us somewhere unfamiliar or why the Church has a teaching.
This seeing the big picture game is designed to help youth understand that it can be disorienting or difficult to understand something if we only see it from a small perspective. Use it for a youth ministry program focusing on magisterium or discernment. It would also fit in well with a message of seeing how God sees.
Seeing the Big Picture Game
- Two noisemakers such as buzzers or ring bells
- You will also need to be able to show the video at the bottom of this post. It is on YouTube, so you can show it full screen.
- Divide the group into two teams and line up.
- The first person in line stands with the noisemaker.
- Show the video below.
- When one of them can identify the picture, they ring the bell or push the buzzer.
- Stop the video at this point.
- If they get it right, they get a point.
- If they don’t get it right, continue the video and let the other player try to identify it.
- When you get to the countdown for the next picture, switch players.
- The team with the most points at the end wins.
- 4th Sunday of Lent – Year A
- 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time – Year A
- Look Into My Heart
- Who Are You? Discussion and Reflection Questions
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?