Hands on activities are fun for youth ministry or Vacation Bible School (VBS). One way to incorporate a fun activity is to have students make toothpick sculptures or models to represent your theme.
This activity can be done in small groups or individually.
- miniature marshmallows
- soft nuts (if there are no allergies)
- pieces of apple
- small pretzel sticks
- cheese cubes
- Give the youth a general theme for what they should create which is related to the meeting theme. Or use one of these generic ideas:
- tallest tower possible
- Give them a set amount of time to work on their construction, such as 10 minutes.
- At the end of their time, let them show their sculpture and describe it.
- If appropriate, they can eat leftover construction materials, except for the toothpicks of course! 🙂