Hands on activities are fun for youth ministry or Vacation Bible School (VBS). One way to incorporate a fun activity is to have students make toothpick sculptures or models to represent your theme.
This activity can be done in small groups or individually.
Toothpick Sculptures, Buildings, Models, or Constructions
If you don’t have a specific idea related to your meeting, have them construct the tallest tower possible, a mountain, a house, or a church.
- modeling clay
- model magic
- play dough
- miniature marshmallows
- soft nuts if there are no allergies
- apple cut into small cubes
- small pretzel sticks
- cheese cubes
- thick frosting dyed different colors
- royal icing
- Give the youth a general theme for what they should create which is related to the meeting theme or just make a generic structure.
- Give them a set amount of time to work on their construction, such as 10 minutes.
- At the end of their time, let them show their sculpture and describe it.
- If appropriate, they can eat leftover construction materials, except for the toothpicks of course! 🙂