This Toilet Paper Lazarus game is a fun and engaging way to help youth understand and remember the story of the raising of Lazarus. By incorporating toilet paper, it adds an element of surprise and laughter to the game, making it more memorable and enjoyable for the youth.
A set of reflection questions provide reinforcement of the gospel account.
Toilet Paper Lazarus Game
- Plenty of rolls of toilet paper
- Read the gospel story of the Raising of Lazarus: John 11:1-45
- Divide the group into two or more teams.
- Ask each team to select a player to be “Lazarus”.
- Give each team several rolls of toilet paper.
- Set a timer for a designated amount of time, such as 5 minutes, and challenge the teams to wrap “Lazarus” in the toilet paper, covering them completely.
- Once the time is up, judge which team did the best job wrapping “Lazarus”.
- After judging, challenge them to see which team can unwrap their “Lazarus” the fastest.
- Once “Lazarus” is unwrapped, ask the group some questions to help them reflect on what they learned from the story of the raising of Lazarus. See below for some starter questions.
- What did you learn about the power of faith in the story?
- How did the different characters respond to Lazarus’ death?
- What did you think about Jesus’ response to Mary and Martha’s questions?
- How can we apply the lessons from the story of the raising of Lazarus to our own lives?