This is a game for youth group or youth ministry where players try to get each other to say no. It could be used at a meeting about saying “yes” instead of “no”. It also works in well with the Annunciation and Mary’s fiat when she said “yes” instead of “no”.
To make it more challenging, you can also include “not”, “none”, “negative”, “never”, “nobody”, “none”, “nothing”, and “nowhere”.
For a super challenging version, after a few minutes of normal play, you can disallow any words which start with the letter “N”.
- tokens such as poker chips or small stones – one for each youth
- Give each youth a token.
- They mingle in the room and ask each other questions, trying to ask things which will get the other one to say no.
- If a youth uses the word “no” in their answer:
- If the person asking the question still has one or more tokens, the youth who used the word “no” must give all of his or her tokens to the questioner.
- If the person asking the question doesn’t have any tokens (because they were lost to someone else), the youth who used the word “no” must give one token to the questioner
- If a person asks a question, they must also answer a question from the other person.
- Once both people have asked and answered a question, they should move on to somebody else.
- The person with the most tokens at the end wins.