Fish bowl toss is an easy game which is a take on a traditional carnival game. Use this for youth ministry or VBS.
In the traditional game, if you land your ball in a bowl with a fish, you get a live goldfish! But this version does not have live fish. Instead, you can give your participants the toy fish from the bowl or have a bag of Swedish fish handy to give as prizes.
- 24 inexpensive fish bowls or large mason jars
- plastic goldfish
- ping pong balls – 3 per player, can reuse
- Something to give as prizes – extra toy goldfish or Swedish fish or carnival prizes
- Fill each bowl about 3/4 full of water.
- Drop a plastic fish in 8 of the bowls. The fish should sink to the bottom of the bowl.
- Arrange the bowls very close together on a table.
- Give each player 3 ping pong balls.
- Have them stand a few feet away from the table and try to toss their balls in the bowls.
- If a ball lands in a bowl with a fish, they get a prize. If it does not land in a bowl or lands in a bowl with no fish, then they don’t get a prize.