About this Sacrament Scavenger Hunt
This scavenger hunt introduces some of the symbols and concepts of the sacraments in a fun way. Hide various sacrament related items around your meeting space or grounds. Here is a list and some tips.
Some of the items are directly related to sacraments. Others are more “fun” to start up a conversation. Use whatever you feel is best for your group and meeting. These are just ideas. Add your own also.
List of Suggested Items for Sacrament Scavenger Hunt
- A cup of water (Baptism)
- A baptismal candle (Baptism)
- An eraser – this “big mistake” eraser is a good choice (Reconciliation)
- A purple stole (Reconciliation)
- An energy bar (Eucharist)
- A chalice (Eucharist)
- A toy dove (Confirmation)
- A bottle of chrism (Confirmation)
- A bottle of super glue (Matrimony)
- A wedding ring – use a toy ring if you don’t want to use a real one (Matrimony)
- A drawing of your pastor (Holy Orders)
- A priest’s vestment (Holy Orders)
- A bandaid (Anointing of the Sick)
- A prayer book (Anointing of the Sick)
Tips for the Sacrament Scavenger Hunt
- Have lists of the items to find printed out.
- You only need one of each item. When they find it, they should mark their list and leave it where it is.
- Put a stamp or some stickers near each item. When they find it, they can use that to mark the list and prove that they found it.
- Clearly define the boundaries of the hunt.
- If the area is large, put the youth in teams of two or more. Have adults stationed around to keep an eye on things.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?