This is an easy no-prep circle game for youth ministry, Vacation Bible School (VBS), church camp, or religious ed. It could be used for a lesson on the Fruits of the Spirit or to accompany discussion about “bearing good fruit”.
Fruit Salad Game
- Have the group sit in a circle.
- Assign each player to be a apple, orange, banana, or grape.
- Have one person start in the middle of the circle. He or she calls out one of the fruits.
- Everyone who is that fruit must get out of their seats and find a different seat.
- The person in the middle will also try to take one of the seats.
- They cannot change seats with a person directly next to them.
- Whoever doesn’t find a seat is now in the middle.
- Instead of calling out one of the fruits, the person in the middle can call out “fruit salad”. In this case, everyone must find a new seat.