This game helps youth understand the importance of listening. Each group of sheep must listen to their shepherd’s voice and follow it. It also goes well with a lesson on sticking together in community. The group of sheep will find it easier to get home if they stay together. This game would be appropriate for youth ministry, vacation bible school (VBS), or church camp.
- Divide into groups of four or five.
- Designate one person in each group as the shepherd.
- Have the shepherds stand at one end of the play area.
- Have the rest of the groups gather at the other end of the play area. These are the sheep. They should be blindfolded.
- Sheep from the same group may hold hands to keep together.
- The shepherds call their own group of sheep toward them.
- The first group of sheep to gather around their own shepherd wins.