About This Baby Food Game
Baby food is pretty bland and it can be difficult to know the flavor just by tasting it. In this game, teenagers try to guess the flavors of assorted baby foods. Be prepared for plenty of laughs. It won’t taste like they expect.
This baby food game would work well with a meeting focused on the Eucharist or about being spiritually fed.
To make this baby food game more difficult, have the players blindfolded. A friend will have to hand them the spoon and write down their guess. Another option to add confusion is to use food coloring to dye some of the foods a different color.
Baby Food Game: Baby Food Taste Tester
- a dozen or so different flavors of baby food
- small tasting spoons
- small tasting cups
- slips of paper
- pens or pencils
Do steps 1-3 out of the sight of the participants.
- Label each of your baby foods with a letter not related to the flavor. Just go alphabetical – A, B, C, etc
- For each player you will need a cup with a corresponding label. So if you have six players, you will need 6 cups labeled A, 6, labeled B, 6 labeled C, etc.
- Put a dollop of baby food in each cup, corresponding to the letter. Put a small tasting spoon in the cup also.
- Give each participant
- One cup of each flavor of baby food
- Several slips of paper – enough to correspond to the number of flavors you have
- A pen or a pencil
- Have each participant try flavor “A” and write down on a slip of paper what they think it is. When all of the participants have written something down, have them reveal their answers.
- Show them the jar so they can see what flavor it really was. Everyone who guessed correctly gets one point.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the other flavors.
- The player with the most points at the end wins.
Resources And Related Ideas
Here’s something to do with those leftover baby food jars.
In this game involving ping pong balls most players will walk in a way that makes it look like they will barely get to the bathroom “in time”.
USCCB has a number of pro-life prayers available. Use these if you are using this game at a meeting with a pro-life theme.