Advent Stations are a devotion which is similar to the Stations of the Cross. They encourage the participant to take a journey through prayer and scripture. In the case of Advent Stations we are taking a journey which shows us God’s preparation for the coming of Christ through the ages.
Each station links an old testament story with a new testament reading. There is also a prayer for each station.
This particular devotion includes seven stations:
- The creation of Adam and Eve (Genesis 1:26-28 and Revelation 21:1-5)
- The promise of a son to Abraham and Sarah (Genesis 18:9-11; 21:1-3 and Romans 9:1-9)
- The angel’s appearance to Manoah and his wife, the parents of Samson (Judges 13:2-7, 24 and Luke 1:5-17)
- The destiny of Bethlehem revealed in Ruth and Boaz (Ruth 4:10-13 and Matthew 2:1-6)
- The song of praise of Hannah and Elkahah (1 Samuel 1:19-20, 27-28; 2:1-10 and Luke 1:39-56)
- David’s promise to Bathsheba (1 Kings 1:15-18, 29-31 and Hebrews 2:5-9)
- The Immaculate Conception and birth of Mary, the new ark (Genesis 6:13-22 and 1 Peter 3:13-22)
For more information and the complete stations with prayer and scriptures, see Advent Stations – Office of the Ancestors of Christ or get this printable version of the Advent stations.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?