Walk Stop Mix Up is a team building game or icebreaker which requires listening skills.
This youth ministry or youth group game
- doesn’t require any props or materials,
- can be played indoors
- works for a large range of group sizes
- will make people laugh when they get mixed up
Walk Stop Mix Up
Here is how to play a simple icebreaker game which requires no props.
- Have everyone spread out.
- Tell everyone that when you say “walk” they should walk around and when you say “stop” they should stop. Easy enough!
- Do these commands a couple times.
- Next instruct them that you are adding a command. When you say “clap” they should all do a single clap (simultaneously if possible). If they were walking, they should continue walking.
- Practice this several times. The clapping and walking at the same time can be a challenge for some!
- Now tell them the walking and stopping instructions are reversed. When you say “stop” they should walk and when you say “walk” they should stop. “Clap” still means a single clap.
- Play this way for a few minutes. This should get everyone laughing at their own confusion.
- If this seems too easy, and for even more confusion, add another command such as “tap” to tap their own forehead. You can even reverse this with the “clap” command.