What is a Rosary Slide Bracelet?
A Rosary Slide Bracelet or keychain is a simple yet meaningful craft that is popular among children, teenagers, and adults alike. The bracelet is made up of beads that can slide up and down, allowing the wearer to easily keep track of their prayers while saying the Rosary. In this blog post, we will explore what a Rosary Slide Bracelet is, its significance, and how to make one.
The Rosary is a form of prayer that has been practiced by Catholics for centuries. It involves the repetition of specific prayers, including the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be, while meditating on different mysteries from the life of Jesus and Mary. The Rosary is typically said using a string of beads, which helps the person praying keep track of their progress.
A Rosary Slide Bracelet is a modern twist on the traditional Rosary. It is a bracelet or keychain that has ten beads and a small crucifix or cross. The ten beads represent one decade of the Rosary, which is a set of ten Hail Marys. The bracelet is designed so that the beads can slide up and down the cord, making it easy to keep track of which prayer you are on.
The significance of a Rosary Slide Bracelet is that it serves as a reminder to pray. It can be worn or carried with you wherever you go, and can be used to pray the Rosary at any time. This makes it a great tool for those who want to incorporate more prayer into their daily routine.
Instructions for Rosary Slide Bracelet or Key-Chain
See corresponding pictures in this article.
- Cut about 20 inches of twine. Maybe a little more for the first one until you see how long you need. It varies by the size of the beads you use.
- String the twine through the cross.
- Position the cross in the middle of the twine and tie a knot to keep it in place. (See picture)
- String each end of twine through the large bead. (See picture)
- Tie a knot at the top of the large bead to keep it fixed in place. (See picture)
- String each end of twine through one of the small beads. Do not tie a knot. (See picture)
- Add another small bead in the same way. (See picture)
- Continue adding small beads until you have ten. Do not tie any knots between them. (See picture)
- Leave some space (about 3/4 inch) and tie a knot. (See picture)
- Attach a key ring or a bracelet clasp. (See picture)
The Rosary is a Catholic devotion that is often misunderstood. Some non-Catholics view it as an act of worship towards Mary, however, the true focus is on Christ. The mysteries of the Rosary are derived from significant events in the life of Christ. During the recitation of the Rosary, we reflect on these mysteries and consider their relevance to our own lives, as well as our relationship with Jesus Christ.