This Paper Airplane Prayer activity is a fun and interactive way to collectively offer prayers in a group setting.
To get started with this activity, you’ll need some basic materials: sheets of paper and writing materials such as pens, pencils, markers, or crayons. Distribute these materials to each participant and explain that this is a prayer activity, so they should maintain a prayerful attitude throughout the activity.
Participants should write their prayer on the sheet of paper and then fold it into a basic paper airplane shape. If anyone in the group is not familiar with making paper airplanes, you may need to demonstrate the process. Once everyone has made their paper airplane, remind them again that this is a prayer activity and they should listen to each other and be respectful.
Now, each participant should take turns reading their prayer aloud, unfolding the airplane if necessary. After everyone has shared their prayer, the group can fly their paper airplanes together. It’s a fun and lighthearted way to conclude the activity and signifies sending our thoughts and needs to a higher power.
The Paper Airplane Prayer activity is ideal for group settings like Vacation Bible School, youth groups, or Children’s Liturgy of the Word. It can be done indoors or outdoors, and can also be adapted to virtual settings by sharing digital paper airplane templates and encouraging participants to create and share their prayers over video conferencing software.
In conclusion, prayer is a powerful tool for connecting with a higher power and seeking guidance, comfort, and strength. The Paper Airplane Prayer activity is a great way to collectively offer prayers in a fun and interactive way. It’s a great activity for building community and encouraging participants to reflect on the significance of prayer. Give it a try at your next youth gathering.
Instructions for Paper Airplane Prayer
Objective: The objective of the Paper Airplane Prayer activity is to provide a fun and interactive way for a group to collectively offer prayers. This activity can help participants reflect on the significance of prayer and how it allows us to communicate our deepest desires to God.
Materials needed for Paper Airplane Prayer:
- Sheets of paper
- Writing materials such as pens, pencils, markers, or crayons
Steps for Paper Airplane Prayer:
- Explain to the group that this activity involves offering prayers and emphasize the need for a prayerful attitude throughout the activity.
- Provide each participant with a sheet of paper and writing materials like pens, pencils, markers, or crayons.
- Instruct participants to write their prayer on the paper and allow them to do this quietly.
- Demonstrate how to fold the paper into a basic paper airplane shape and ensure that everyone in the group is able to do so.
- Remind the group to be respectful and attentive as each participant reads their prayer aloud.
- Have each participant read their prayer, unfolding their airplane if necessary.
- After everyone has shared their prayer, instruct participants to fly their paper airplanes.
- Reflect on the significance of prayer and how it allows us to communicate our deepest desires to God.
Leave a Reply