Change My Heart Relay Race Game
About Change My Heart Relay Race Game
This Change My Heart relay race game goes well with any topic relating to conversion of heart. It is easy to set up and run.
For a scripture tie-in, use this verse:
And I will give them another heart and a new spirit I will put within them. From their bodies I will remove the hearts of stone, and give them hearts of flesh.Ezekiel 11:19
How to Play Change My Heart Relay Race Game
- Candy hearts
- Small stones approximately the same size as the hearts
- Heart outline printed on a piece of paper (one per team) – see the printable copy
- Two bowls per team.
- Place one of the heart outlines on the floor at the far end of the room, away from the start line.
- Place rocks on the outline so they are in the shape of a heart. Each team should have the same number of rocks.
- At the start line, place two bows for each team. One should be empty. The other should hold the candy hearts for the team. They will need as many candy hearts as the stones on their outlines.
- Divide the group into teams.
- Have each team stand at the start line, opposite the side of the room where the heart outlines are placed.
- On go, the first member of each team should race to their rock heart and remove one of the rocks and bring it back and put it in the empty bowl.
- Then that same team member takes one of the candy hearts, runs back to the outline, and places the candy heart in the empty space where they removed the stone.
- After placing the candy heart, the team member runs back and tags the next member.
- The next player repeats the process.
- The first team to replace all of their stones with candy wins.
Printable Copy (Includes Heart Template)
Melt My Icy Heart Game
This is another good game for a meeting focused on change of heart. Each team must try to melt a giant ice cube.
Love Your Enemies Activity Sheet
This Love Your Enemies activity sheet can be used for religious education or Children’s Liturgy of the Word. It is a fill in the blank sheet for this bible verse: “Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.”
Clothesline Relay Game
This relay can also be played with a heart theme. Instead of having them hang up clothes, give them felt hearts to hang on the line.
Leave a Reply