This Newspaper Tower Challenge game is a teambuilding game. Groups of youth will be given a limited number of supplies. Then they use their creativity to build the tallest newspaper tower in a limited amount of time.
How To Play the Newspaper Tower Challenge Game
- Several stacks of newspapers
- Masking tape
- Divide the group into teams. Five or six people makes a good team size.
- Give each team an equal amount of newspaper and masking tape.
- Instruct them to build the tallest freestanding newspaper tower they can in 10 minutes. Freestanding means that it must not be leaning against anything and it must stand without touching anything other than the floor.
- When the 10 minutes are up, the team with the tallest freestanding tower wins.
To make it even more challenging, don’t give them tape!
You can choose any amount of time which fits in your meeting plan. A longer time will result in bigger and more complex designs.
Hands on activities are fun for youth ministry or Vacation Bible School (VBS). One way to incorporate a fun activity is to have students make toothpick sculptures or models to represent your theme. Here are some ideas for items which can be used as materials.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?