Glow in the dark sidewalk chalk is a fun addition to an nighttime activity. You can use it to welcome youth to the event, write inspirational messages, or let your participants have a creative outlet.
Use it for any activity where there the chalk will be dark enough to glow. This is especially appropriate for any “light” themed youth ministry meeting. For example
- Let your light shine
- GLOW (God Lights Our Way)
- Light from darkness (creation)
- Jesus Christ Light of the World (salvation)
Glow in the Dark Sidewalk Chalk
- 1 cup Plaster of Paris
- 1/2 cup water
- about 2 tablespoons Glow-in-the-Dark Paint
- Ice cube trays or other molds
- Petroleum jelly or spray oil
- Bowl or container for mixing (might get ruined, so something you are going to recycle is suggested)
- Mix the Plaster of Paris and water in a bowl.
- Add a few squirts of the paint and mix.
- Coat the inside of the molds with a very thin layer of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Divide the mixture into the molds.
- Let dry overnight.
- Pop the chalk from the molds. (This might be easier if you stick it in the freezer for 15 or 20 minutes first.
- Activate the florescence by putting the chalk in the light before using.
- Write on your sidewalk.