Uses for Glow in the Dark Sidewalk Chalk
Glow in the dark sidewalk chalk is a fun addition to an nighttime activity. You can use it to welcome youth to the event, write inspirational messages, or let your participants have a creative outlet.
Use it for any activity where there the chalk will be dark enough to glow. This is especially appropriate for any “light” themed youth ministry meeting. For example
- Let your light shine
- GLOW (God Lights Our Way)
- Light from darkness (creation)
- Jesus Christ Light of the World (salvation)
How to Make Glow in the Dark Sidewalk Chalk
Have some night time fun by making glow in the dark sidewalk chalk.
- Ice cube trays or other molds
- Bowl or container for mixing
- 1 cup Plaster of Paris
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp Glow-in-the-Dark Paint approximately
- Petroleum jelly or spray oil
- Mix the Plaster of Paris and water in a bowl.
- Add a few squirts of the paint and mix.
- Coat the inside of the molds with a very thin layer of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Divide the mixture into the molds.
- Let dry overnight.
- Pop the chalk from the molds. (This might be easier if you stick it in the freezer for 15 or 20 minutes first.)
- Activate the florescence by putting the chalk in the light before using.
- Write on your sidewalk.
The bowl or container you use might get ruined, so something you are going to recycle is suggested.
This chalk can be used to play classic twister in the dark. The instructions also include directions for an option using mats and luminous paint, to play indoors.