This challenge is a little like trying to walk through a busy intersection. There always seems to be someone in the way!
How to Play
- Divide the group into four teams.
- Each team stands in one corner of the room.
- The leader calls a way that everyone should move. For example:
- crab walk
- backward walk
- eyes closed (be careful with this one!)
- in pairs with one person holding on to the shoulder of the other
- hopping on one foot
- make up your own
- The teams must use the method called to go from their corner to the diagonal corner. There will be a traffic jam in the middle.
- The first team to get all of their members to the opposite corner scores a point.
- Keep repeating with different commands.
- The team with the most points at the end wins.
Fun is a recommended part of any youth program. These youth ministry activities can be used as icebreakers to help youth get to know each other better. They can be used to foster teamwork and trust. They are a way to spend a little energy when they have been sitting to long.
Crash course is a relay where players run to the opposite corner, possibly crashing in the middle.