This scavenger hunt introduces some of the symbols and concepts of the sacraments in a fun way. Hide various sacrament related items around your meeting space or grounds. Here is a list and some tips.
Some of the items are directly related to sacraments. Others are more “fun” to start up a conversation. Use whatever you feel is best for your group and meeting. These are just ideas. Add your own also.
List of suggested items for sacrament scavenger hunt
- A cup of water (Baptism)
- A baptismal candle (Baptism)
- An eraser – this “big mistake” eraser is a good choice (Reconciliation)
- A purple stole (Reconciliation)
- An energy bar (Eucharist)
- A chalice (Eucharist)
- A toy dove (Confirmation)
- A bottle of chrism (Confirmation)
- A bottle of super glue (Matrimony)
- A wedding ring – use a toy ring if you don’t want to use a real one (Matrimony)
- A drawing of your pastor (Holy Orders)
- A priest’s vestment (Holy Orders)
- A bandaid (Anointing of the Sick)
- A prayer book (Anointing of the Sick)
- Have lists of the items to find printed out.
- You only need one of each item. When they find it, they should mark their list and leave it where it is.
- Put a stamp or some stickers near each item. When they find it, they can use that to mark the list and prove that they found it.
- Clearly define the boundaries of the hunt.
- If the area is large, put the youth in teams of two or more. Have adults stationed around to keep an eye on things.