On the 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time, we reflect on God’s loving care for us and our response. God provides for all of our needs, but we often want more. Instead, we should respond with gratitude. Here are some resources for this Sunday for your youth ministers, catechists , or families.
Click on the appropriate year below to see resources, themes, homilies, games, lesson plans, and more for the 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time.
28th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Resources for Lectionary Cycle A
Resources for Lectionary Cycle B
Resources for Lectionary Cycle C
Mass Readings for the 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
- First Reading – Isaiah 25:6-10a: “On this mountain the LORD of hosts will provide for all peoples a feast of rich food and choice wines, juicy, rich food and pure, choice wines.”
- Responsorial Psalm – Psalm 23: “I shall live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.”
- Second Reading – Philippians 4:12-14, 19-20: “In every circumstance and in all things I have learned the secret of being well fed and of going hungry, of living in abundance and of being in need.”
- Gospel – Matthew 22:1-14 or 22:1-10: “The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son. He dispatched his servants to summon the invited guests to the feast, but they refused to come.”
Mass Readings for the 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time Year B
- First Reading – Wisdom 7:7-11: “I preferred her to scepter and throne, and deemed riches nothing in comparison with her, nor did I liken any priceless gem to her; because all gold, in view of her, is a little sand, and before her, silver is to be accounted mire.”
- Responsorial Psalm – Psalm 90: “Fill us with your love, O Lord, and we will sing for joy!”
- Second Reading – Hebrews 4:12-13: “No creature is concealed from him, but everything is naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must render an account.”
- Gospel – Mark 10:17-30 or Mark 10:17-27: “It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
Mass Readings for the 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- First Reading – 2 Kings 5:14-17: “If you will not accept, please let me, your servant, have two mule-loads of earth, for I will no longer offer holocaust or sacrifice to any other god except to the LORD.”
- Responsorial Psalm – Psalm 98: “The Lord has revealed to the nations his saving power.”
- Second Reading – 2 Timothy 2:8-13: “This saying is trustworthy: If we have died with him we shall also live with him; if we persevere we shall also reign with him.”
- Gospel – Luke 17:11-19: “Ten were cleansed, were they not? Where are the other nine? Has none but this foreigner returned to give thanks to God?”
More About Lectionary Cycles
Learn more about the difference between a Bible and a Lectionary, how the Lectionary is arranged, and translations of the Bible used at Mass.
Leave a Reply