Egg-Chicken-Dinosaur Game (Evolution Game)
Egg-Chicken-Dinosaur is a game which is also sometimes called The Evolution Game. This is a good large group game for youth ministry, youth group, church camp, or Vacation Bible School (especially middle school VBS).
This game can be used just for fun, but it would also fit in well with a meeting about the Catholic view on evolution or any discussion focused on faith and science. You could also tie it in with this quote from our Holy Father:
Each of life’s stages is a time to believe, hope and love.Pope Francis
This is a game which requires quick thinking and cooperation. It works well for teenagers and older.
How to Play Egg-Chicken-Dinosaur Game (Evolution Game)
Instructions for Evolution Game
- Each player has a type in the evolution chain and must do the action for that type to find other players of the same type. (See notes below.)
- Everyone starts out as an egg.
- Each player finds another player who is the same type as himself and plays Rock Paper Scissors. The winner goes up one step in the evolution chain. The loser goes down one step. (If the loser is an egg, he remains an egg.)
- Once one becomes a king or queen, one remains a king or queen and does not fight any more battles.
- The game ends when there is only one egg, one chicken, one dinosaur, and one prince/princess. All others will be kings and queens.
- Egg – walk around on the ground in a little ball, sort of like the fetal position on your feet.
- Chicken – walk bent over and flapping wings
- Dinosaur – tromp around, roar, and make t-rex arms
- Prince or princess – dance and prance
- King or queen – stand royally, wave, and say “Isn’t this lovely”
More Youth Ministry Games
Games are a recommended part of any youth program. Youth ministry games can be used as icebreakers to help youth get to know each other better. They can be used to foster teamwork and trust. They are a way to spend a little energy when they have been sitting to long.
Fox and Chickens Tag
Fox and Chickens tag is a variation on tag which the person who is it tries to tag the last person in line. The people at the front of the line try to protect the last person. This game could be used with a theme of how God protects us and loves us even better than a mother hen protects her chicks.
Chicken on a Hut Game
Chicken on a Hut game is a team building game which makes a fun break in a meeting. Because of the physical contact with the partners, when playing this game boys are partners with boys and girls are partners with girls.
Leave a Reply