Praying in Gratitude
Gratitude can be one of the most fruitful forms of prayer. When we specifically notice things to be grateful for, we become aware of and acknowledge God’s constant presence in our lives. Practicing gratitude daily is a practice which can change your whole attitude and it doesn’t have to take a lot of time.
Anytime is a good time to start this practice. Here are some specific steps for praying in gratitude.
Praying with a Gratitude List
- Find a comfortable and quiet place.
- Make the Sign of the Cross.
- Ask God to show you where He was present in your day.
- Think about some things from the past day which you are grateful for.
- It is good to have a minimum number of things to come up with each day – 3 or 5 or 10 for example
- Try to be specific. Instead of being grateful for your family in general, think of a specific interaction with a family member
- Spend a little time enjoying the memories of the things you are grateful for.
- Thank God for each of these and any special circumstances which made them possible.
- End with the Sign of the Cross.
Quotes and Social Media Graphics about Gratitude
The Christian life is above all the grateful response to a generous Father.Pope Francis
Gratitude is a characteristic trait of the heart visited by the Holy Spirit; to obey God we must first remember his benefits.Pope Francis
If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.Meister Eckhart
This prayer of a grateful heart, based on Psalm 138, expresses gratitude for God’s loving care. We may seem insignificant in this world, but we are important to our Heavenly Father.
This song is a beautiful expression of gratitude in good times and in bad.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?