Protect the President game is a fast paced game to let off some steam and increase energy in the group. It is a variation of dodge-ball.
Start with one dodge ball. If you want to pick up the pace, add another.
For more of a challenge, rule that the president must stay in a designated space. Make a two foot circle on the ground with tape for an example.
How to Play Protect the President Game
- Several dodge balls (no sting dodgeballs are best)
- Select one person to be the bodyguard and one person to be the president. They stand in the middle.
- The rest of the group circles around the two and takes turns throwing the ball at the president.
- The bodyguard tries to keep the ball from touching the president. He may block it with any part of his body.
- The president may try to step out of the way of the ball but cannot touch the ball with any part of his body.
- If the president touches the ball, then the bodyguard becomes the president and the person who threw the ball becomes the bodyguard.
- The group may continue throwing during a transition period. (The switch must happen fast!)