Flashlight Prayer Circle is a simple activity to hold attention during prayer time and to make sure everyone has a chance to offer a prayer.
Flashlight Prayer Circle
This prayer activity works best in a dark room or outside at night. This also works well at prayer time around a campfire. You can use it to focus on a crucifix or some other symbol related to the topic of the day.
- tissue paper optional
- Place the crucifix somewhere centrally located to the group.
- Have everyone start with their flashlights off.
- If you want the lights to have some color, give each participant a piece of tissue paper to cover the light.
- One at a time they will turn on their flashlights and direct the beam to the crucifix. Then they will offer their prayer. They should leave the light on, focused on the crucifix.
- This will continue until everyone has offered a prayer and all lights are focused on the crucifix.
Tried this idea?Let us know how it was!